Polypropylene is an exceptionally high clarity film commonly used for packaging foods like spices, candy, popsicles, boli's and bakery items.
Features & Options:
- Small and large run capabilities (as little as 500 lbs)
- Custom polypropylene roll stock
- Custom polypropylene bags
- Available in a wide array of styles & sizes.
- Plain and printed options
- Printing up to 6 colors on 2 sides
Due to it's high clarity and rigidity, Polypropylene presents well on the retail shelf. It has a more rigid structure than low density polyethylene. It is known for it's high strength, light weight and ability to withstand high temperatures. Polypro has a much lower oxygen transmission rate (OTR) allowing less air to pass through the film than that of low density polyethylene. Polypropylene also has a high resistance to moisture including oils and grease.
While polypropylene is an excellent film for many products, it does have a few disadvantages:
- Degraded by UV
- Impact strength/puncture resistance is lower than polyethylene
- Not ideal for long term freezer storage