ORGANIZED | DETAILED | STRATEGIC THINKER | PROCESS ORIENTED
WATCH THE VIDEO
Great American Packaging, Inc is a privately owned custom manufacturer of poly bags and film located in the heart of the manufacturing district of Los Angeles. We have been servicing the custom packaging needs of small to midsized manufacturers on the West Coast for almost 50 years. Our superior customer service, attention to detail and focus on quality over the years has helped us to become a leader in the packaging industry.
The Plant Manager has some of the most significant responsibilities in the company and has the opportunity to turn what is currently a solid manufacturing operation into the industry’s model of productivity, profitability and reliability. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is ready to take the next step in their career.
The successful candidate will assume the immediate challenges of operations oversight. They will have the ability to balance a hands on management style with high level strategic planning and implementation. The candidate will also partner with the President in establishing and implementing the operational metrics needed to achieve modernization goals.
- The production and on-time delivery of products to cost and quality standards
- Operations oversight of the facility and all production departments including; Extrusion, Converting, Printing, Purchasing, Pre-Production, Shipping & Receiving, and Maintenance
- Manage 7 direct reports and approx. 30 indirect reports
- Assist in the development and introduction of new products
o Train employees
o Determine the daily and weekly staffing levels necessary to meet production requirements
o Insure safety of personnel
o Hire and fire employees, as needed
o Manage attendance and workplace discipline
o Mentor, motivate and directly manage supervisors, maintenance, purchasing and pre-production
o Redesign key/critical processes to improve flow, cost, and product quality
o Develop a continuous improvement environment via the implementation of Lean Manufacturing Principles
o Oversee daily processes to insure high levels of communication and alignment between all key members of the business
Equipment and Facilities:
o Renovate, replace and/or maintain all equipment and facilities
o Research, acquire, and install new equipment as needed to improve product cost and quality
o Fully implement and get certified in GMP
o Manage the implementation of GFSI certification
o Manage the requirements of numerous regulatory agencies including: AQMD, fire department, storm water, OSHA, DMV, etc.
o Budget – develop and manage plant and operational budgets
o Measuring and achieving production, safety and cost goals
o Monitor and improve Quality
o Monitor and improve scrap and rework rates
o On-time delivery of customer orders at 90%
o Accuracy of on-hand inventory of Raw Materials and Finished Goods
The ideal candidate possesses a deep familiarity with custom manufacturing processes and operations. The individual has experience in establishing statistical methodologies (such as Lean manufacturing) to initiate, measure and maintain operational improvements in his or her areas of responsibility. The ideal candidate is a leader and is comfortable in taking responsibility for overall operations.
- Bachelor degree (Engineering or Operational Management preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing the plant operations with a team in a similar size operation or be a team lead in a large plant.
- LEAN manufacturing (completed formal training)
- High mechanical aptitude and experience in machine based operations
- Preferred Industries: Plastics packaging, printing, extrusion and/or converting , Roll-to-roll manufacturing, Full-line printing company, Printed corrugated packaging,
- Demonstrated planning skills balanced with excellent execution
- Project management experience
- Experience creating and documenting systems and procedures
- Excellent analytical skills with high computer literacy
- Naturally inquisitive/wants to learn about and understand new things
- Excellent people leader with a coaching/ mentoring style. Capable of creating a company culture of success built on teamwork, devotion and enthusiasm.
- Experience in a Custom/Make to Order/Short-Run High-Variability manufacturing environment a plus.
- Must have a hands-on management style
Our benefits include: Matching 401k, Medical Insurance, Dental Plan, Paid Vacation and Holidays
The post NOW HIRING: Plant Manager appeared first on Custom Poly Bags & Plastic Bags Wholesale | Great American Packaging.