Creating the name of a brand involves creativity, as well as strategy. While a catchy, unique name is desirable, there are other things to consider than just the word choice. A brand name communicates the core concept and promise of the brand. Without being lengthy or complicated, it should be able to capture the essence of the brand, and create a positive image in the minds of consumers. Here some tips to creating the best possible name for a new brand.
A brand name should…
• Appeal to target audience. Understanding whom you are trying to reach is crucial. The name must have some meaning to this particular group of people.
• Form an emotional connection with consumers. Once the audience is determined, think about some of the key attributes of the brand, and how those can be used to evoke a certain feeling.
• Create a picture in consumers’ minds. People remember pictures more easily than words, so an effective name should create a picture in the minds of consumers.
• Sound good when said out loud. This is extremely important. Create a list of name options, and simply say them all out loud several times. Compare the different phonetics, and decide which ones are most pleasing the ears.
• Be easy to pronounce, and easy to spell. If consumers cannot do either of these, there may be a problem. Spell the word exactly as it sounds, so that consumers have no problem searching for the brand.
The post Naming Your Brand appeared first on Custom Poly Bags & Plastic Bags Wholesale | Great American Packaging.